Student flats in Dundee at a glance
For student studio flats in Dundee that are less than a 10-minute walk to campus, have a look at iQ Parker House. This modern student accommodation offers a range of en-suite rooms to suit all needs, as well as self-contained studios and one-bedroom apartments. On-site you’ll find great communal spaces such as a gym, lounge area, and a busy social calendar. Location-wise, you’re about a 15-minute walk to Dundee waterfront, a 5-minute walk to Abertay University, and a 10-minute walk to the University of Dundee.
Not sure what type of accommodation you’re looking for? Check out our guide to different types of student accommodation to get the low-down.
If waterfront living is more your style when it comes to Dundee halls of residence, check out Peterson Hall. This modern accommodation has a range of shared apartments, all with their own fully-fitted kitchens and laundry facilities. Being right on the waterfront, you’re surrounded by shops, cafes, and restaurants, making life simple, as well as a 10-minute walk to the University of Dundee.
There are lots to consider when looking for student accommodation, with one important factor being your deposit. Check out our guide to getting your student accommodation deposit back to get prepared – it starts before you move in!
Dundee at a glance
- Dundee is home to higher educational establishments such as the University of Dundee and Abertay University. As a result of these popular universities, there are plenty of options for Dundee student accommodation.
- Dundee is Scotland’s fourth-largest city and is said to be the cultural hub of the country. It’s also home to V&A Dundee, Scotland’s design museum.
- The city is built on an extinct volcano that was last active around 400 million years ago.
- This historic city is home to two historical ships, the Frigate Unicorn, the 6th oldest ship in the world, and the Discovery.
- Take a break from your student flats in Dundee and go visit the Tentsmuir National Nature Reserve, a beautiful stretch of Scottish coastline with lots of opportunities to see local wildlife.
- For an afternoon of culture, visit the McManus Art Gallery & Museum. This stunning Gothic Revival-style building, located in the city centre, houses fine and decorative art as well as a natural history collection.
- There are some great cafes and restaurants in Dundee, but one of our favourites is Clark’s 24 Hour Bakery, which not surprisingly came in #6 on our Drunk Food Index 2018.
- Dundee has an active student nightlife. Check out the Innis & Gunn Dundee, Tickety Boo’s, and Abandon Ship Bar.