Swansea student accommodation at a glance
For affordable student accommodation in Swansea near the city centre, check out Crown Place – Swansea. This contemporary property provides a selection of en-suites and studios with private bathrooms all to yourself. It also includes amenities like an on-site gym, study spaces, laundry facilities, and even a karaoke room. Location-wise, you couldn’t get much better, meaning you have the marina, a shopping centre, Aldi, cafes, restaurants, and bars all on your doorstep, with Swansea University and Swansea Metropolitan University close by.
If you’re searching for student accommodation in Swansea with a friendly feel, look at Ty Nant, Swansea. This modern block of flats has a fantastic mix of rooms. It has a supportive on-site manager, maintenance team, receptionists, and security staff to meet all residents’ wants and needs.
There are many options for student accommodation in Swansea, all available across the city. If you don’t know which room to pick, check out our guide on different types of student accommodation for assistance.
Swansea at a glance
- Swansea is home to the internationally recognised Swansea University, a higher education establishment which attracts students from all over the country. This institution has create a vibrant atmosphere with many options for private student accommodation in Swansea.
- Escape your student accommodation in Swansea to discover the city’s lush green spaces and nature spots with your new flatmates. Some popular haunts include Clyne Gardens, Singleton Park, and Swansea Beach, which can elevate your mental health at university.
- Discover your inner party animal at one of the city’s best clubs or bars, including Bambu Beach Bar, Liberate, and Jack Murphys. You’ll never have to have another dull Friday or Saturday night again!
- As one of Swansea’s top historical spots, Swansea Castle attracts history lovers wanting to learn more about the city, create a romantic date, or pass the time with new friends. This once-mighty medieval fortress will take you back in time.
- If sporting activities are your choice for de-stressing, then you will be spoilt for choice by Swansea’s environment and opportunities. At the 360 sports centre you can paddle board, kayak or enjoy some beach rugby, checking out the live webcam beforehand to assess the weather conditions!
- For a spot of therapy in retail form, then head to the Quadrant shopping centre, home of the Swansea Devil statue, or to the indoor market, internationally renowned for its laverbread.
- This city hosts a wide range of cuisine, making it easy for students to grab a bite at a restaurant, café, or breakfast bar they love. You can find homely plates at The Kitchen Table, a classic Indian curry at Rose Indienne, and even vegan options at The Brunswick Arms, meaning there’s something to suit all tastes.
- Escape from the chaos of your studies and take some time to embrace Swansea’s culture in one of its many museums, such as The National Waterfront Museum, Oriel Science, or Swansea Museum.
- You could further enhance your cultural experience by watching a performance at Swansea Grand Theatre.
Swansea Student Accommodation FAQs
When should I book accommodation at Swansea University?
There is no set date for when you apply for student accommodation, although it’s best to get it done sooner rather than later. Many students start booking rooms in the new year to secure something they love for the following September.
What is the best student accommodation at Swansea?
There are many different apartments, flats, and student houses in Swansea. What you think is the best student accommodation in Swansea depends on your preferences. The most popular properties are usually modern, central, and packed with appealing facilities, such as on-site gyms, cinema rooms, study spaces, and laundrettes.
Can I view student accommodation in Swansea before applying?
There are some opportunities to view accommodation in Swansea before signing a contract. You may be able to view some accommodation at Swansea University on an open day. To view private accommodation in Swansea, you could arrange a viewing with one of our providers, who may give you the option to see the property in person or virtually.