Loughborough student accommodation at a glance
For luxury student accommodation in Loughborough, check out Luxurio. This newly built, contemporary accommodation offers a range of studio and apartment living and boasts beautifully designed common rooms, study spaces, and courtyards. You also have a cinema room and an on-site gym for when you need some time away from the books. It’s also in a great location, right in the town centre, so you have all the cafes, shops and bars right on your doorstep. Plus, you’re about a 30-minute walk to Loughborough University or a short bus ride away when you don’t feel like building up the step count.
If living close to campus is important to you when looking for your student flats in Loughborough, have a look at The Cube. This homely student housing has a selection of private studios and shared apartments, and comfortable communal areas. The on-site management team also hosts lots of events throughout the year, giving this accommodation and a vibrant student atmosphere. Even better, location-wise, it’s only a 15-minute walk to Loughborough University.
For chilled Loughborough student accommodation with a fun atmosphere, check out Study Inn. It boasts a range of private studios or shared apartments, a wellness spa and gym, a cinema and games room, housekeeping services, and lots of social events. Plus, it’s only a 15-minute walk to Loughborough University, with some shops and restaurants nearby.
If you’re after student rooms in Loughborough right by lots of shops and amenities, check out Optima. This convenient studio accommodation is right in the centre of town and offers a selection of private studios, some even split over two floors. Being in the city centre, you are about a 30-minute walk to campus; however, this accommodation is on a shuttle bus route to Loughborough University when you don’t fancy walking.
It’s important to remember that there are many options when it comes to living away at university. We’ve put together a guide to the different types of student accommodation to help you with your choice.
Loughborough at a glance
- Loughborough is home to higher education establishments such as Loughborough University, Loughborough College, and the Sense College Loughborough. Due to these popular universities, there are many great student flats in Loughborough to suit various needs.
- Known as a thriving market town, Loughborough has a rich history leaving us some iconic buildings such as Whatton House, All Saints Church, and The Old Rectory Museum.
- Check out one of the many interesting museums in the town. Our favourites include the Charnwood Museum, Stonehurst Family Farm and Museum, National Space Centre, and Loughborough War Memorial and Carillon.
- Step away from your student rooms in Loughborough and explore the beautiful parks and green spaces. The most popular include Beacon Hill Country Park, Queen’s Park, and The Outwoods, and visiting them is a great way to look after your mental health and wellbeing while at university.
- Due to its vibrant student community, Loughborough is home to several student bars and clubs such as Slider Town, Champs Sports Bar & Grill, Revolution, and The Paget Arms.
- Fancy some shopping? Head to Carillon Court for your hit of high street goodness.
- Visit one of Loughborough’s many escape rooms to bring your flat closer together, as it’s a great group activity enjoyed by all kinds of students. You have a number to choose from, including Break Escape and Deadlocked Rooms.
Loughborough Student Accommodation FAQs
What is the best student accommodation in Loughborough?
There are plenty of great options for Loughborough student accommodation, but one of our favourites is Optima – it’s close to the city centre and the University of Loughborough and offers split-level mezzanine studios and loads of light space. They also don’t charge extra for dual occupancy, if you're looking to share!
Is Loughborough a good city for students?
Although a little quieter than some of the bigger cities, Loughborough still has plenty to offer its student residents. It’s great for sporty types, and Loughborough University has been ranked the best university in the world for sports-related academia for six years.
Being a little smaller, you can get to know your fellow students and make friends easily, and it has great transport links to bigger cities like Leicester and Nottingham for those big nights out.
Is it cheap to live in Loughborough student accommodation?
Loughborough is widely considered to have a low cost of living, making it an attractive option if you’re on a tight budget. Rents are typically lower than student accommodation in bigger cities, there’s easy access to supermarkets – including a Lidl just ten minutes’ walk from the university – and when you’re going out in Loughborough you can expect reasonably-priced drinks.
Where do students live in Loughborough?
The place to be in Loughborough is the Golden Triangle. It leads out of the city centre and you’ll find loads of Loughborough student accommodation up here. It’s only 10-15 minutes away from the uni campus, and a similar distance to the city centre.
Otherwise, you might prefer to live in the city centre, with easy access to transport links and amenities.
Can I view student accommodation in Loughborough before booking?
Most student accommodation providers will be willing to set up a viewing either in person or virtually so you can have a look around – all you have to do is ask! Another great option is to take an accommodation tour when you’re visiting your uni open days, as this will let you see the accommodation with students living in it.