Student halls in Norwich at a glance
For modern, comfortable private student accommodation in Norwich, check out Benedict’s Gate. This popular student accommodation has been thoughtfully designed and offers a range of private and shared accommodation depending on your needs and budget. It also boasts great communal areas such as comfortable lounges, a gym, a private courtyard, and a peaceful study room, all of which are open 24 hours to suit all schedules. Location-wise, you’re just outside of the city centre with lots of cafes, bars and shops all on your doorstep, as well as being a short bus ride to The University of East Anglia. These modern rooms have everything you need, but if you’re looking to make your room your own, we’ve put together a few cheap and easy ways to brighten up your student halls.
There are lots of options for student flats in Norwich available across the city. If you’re unsure which is best for you, check out our guide to the different types of student accommodation to help you choose.
Norwich at a glance
- Norwich is home to higher educational establishments such as The University of East Anglia, City College Norwich, and Norwich University of the Arts. As a result, there are lots of great options for student halls in Norwich.
- Norwich has an interesting history with beautiful historical buildings that are well worth your time. Spend an afternoon learning about the medieval Norwich Cathedral, Strangers’ Hall, and the Great Hospital.
- Learn more about the local history at the Norwich Castle Museum & Art Gallery. This medieval castle has a full schedule of fascinating exhibitions and events.
- For those who are more into being outdoorsy than history, head to the BeWILDerwood Norfolk and go on an adventure through the trees.
- Enjoy LoveLightNorwich and marvel at the beautiful lights that brighten the streets during the winter months at the start of the year.
- Take in a show at the Norwich Theatre and grab one of the £10 tickets available to every show.
- Take a break from your student rooms in Norwich and wander around the Norwich Markets. Called one of the best in the country, this popular market offers a range of cuisines including Italian, Chinese, Thai, Indian, Japanese, and more.
- This city boasts some stunning outdoor spaces. Visit the Plantation Garden, Whitlingham Country Park, or Eaton Park. Being out in green space is a great way to help look after your mental health while away at university. Check out our guide to student well-being for more information about looking after yourself.
- Due to a buzzing student community, there are several student bars sure to give you a great night out. Some of our favourites include Cuba Revolution, Bar&Beyond, and The Waterfront.