Salford student accommodation at a glance
For modern private student accommodation in Salford, check out the iQ Student Quarter. This vibrant student accommodation offers a range of both ensuite and studio accommodation, a communal lounge with a TV and games area, and an on-site gym. Located near the River Irwell, this accommodation is a 12-minute walk to the University of Salford or a 33-minute walk to the Salford City College.
If you’re looking for student flats in Salford that boast warehouse vibes, then true Manchester is for you. This well-designed student accommodation in Salford offers a range of apartments with shared facilities or private studio rooms. There are also comfortable communal lounges, a huge gym, a cinema room, and a communal kitchen. Location-wise, it’s a 21-minute walk to the University of Salford or a 41-minute walk to Salford City College.
For Salford university halls with a river view, look at Riverside House. This homely accommodation has a range of ensuite rooms to choose from depending on your needs, as well as fully furnished communal living spaces and a fitted kitchen complete with appliances, utensils, and crockery. Positioned right near the River Irwell, this accommodation is an 18-minute walk from the University of Salford or a 37-minute walk to Manchester Metropolitan University.
If affordable Salford University student accommodation is top of your list, check out John Lester & Eddie Colman Courts. This humble accommodation offers a variety of rooms to suit all budgets, as well as a free on-site gym and basketball court. Location-wise, you’re a 13-minute walk to the University of Salford or a 24-minute walk to Salford City College.
If you’re not sure which accommodation option is best for you, check out our guide to different types of student accommodation for some tips and advice.
Salford at a glance
- Salford is home to higher educational establishments such as the University of Salford, Salford City College, and The Royal Northern College of Music. Due to these popular universities, there are many great student flats in Salford to suit various needs.
- Following recent redevelopments, Salford is known as a cultural and creative hub, with a host of contemporary and impressive architecture.
- The Lowry Theatre, named after the local 20th-century artist L.S. Lowry, is a great venue to see drama or ballet down by the water’s edge.
- Salford Quays is home to MediaCityUK, a 200-acre development for media companies and faculties for the University of Salford. One of the most notable companies is the BBC, which moved from London to Salford in 2011.
- Step back in time and visit Ordsall Hall, an impressive Tudor hall home to the Radclyffe family for 300 years.
- Spend an afternoon exploring the Salford Museum & Art Gallery. This impressive building dates back to 1850 and mirrors the same layout as the Victoria and Albert Museum in London, with paintings, decorative art, and sculptures on show.
- Peel Park is a great way to step away from your Salford University halls. Located right next to the River Irwell, this beautiful green space is also just next to The University Salford and is the perfect place to chill between lectures. Not to mention, being out in nature is a great way to look after your mental well-being while at university.
- Salford is right next to Manchester, so why not jump on the train and spend a day exploring Manchester’s many attractions.
- Visit Salford Cathedral, one of the largest Catholic places of worship in the North of England.
Student travel in Salford
Being in the Greater Manchester region, Salford has great public transport links that connect you with the city and other parts of the country. The main forms of transport are bus, train, and tram, all with regular and reliable services. For an overview of information regarding transport in Greater Manchester, check out the Transport for Greater Manchester website.
There are hundreds of bus routes in Great Manchester to help you travel from your student accommodation in Salford to wherever you need to go. Conveniently, several bus routes take you straight to The Crescent, an area right outside the University of Salford’s front entrance for Peel Park.
There are two major train stations in Salford; Salford Central and Salford Crescent. Salford Crescent is the best station for getting to the University of Salford, located between the Peel Park and Frederick Road campuses. From these stations, you can connect with Manchester Airport, Manchester Piccadilly, Manchester Victoria, and Blackpool, Bolton, Southport, Preston, and Lancaster, to name a few.
Salford Quays is connected to Manchester Piccadilly or Victoria Train Stations using the Metrolink tram services. This is a really easy way to get from your Salford student halls and Manchester, with trams running every 12 minutes.
Featured neighbourhood around Salford student accommodation
There are many great options for student flats in Salford right in the district centre, which is where all the action is, so no surprise it’s a favourite for many students. It’s also only a short walk to the University of Salford, so you have everything you need right there. There’s a great selection of student bars in the area too, such as Atmosphere, The Kings Arms, and The Dockyard.
If you want your student halls in Salford a little out of the district centre in a more suburban area, check out Peel Park. It’s right by the University of Salford, so it’s a quick walk to lectures and a big bonus for most students. The other positive is that you’re right next to Peel Park, a beautiful, large green space perfect for relaxing when the sun comes out.
Head north out of the district centre, and you’ll find Charlestown. This quaint neighbourhood doesn’t have much in the way of bars and clubs, but it is a lot more affordable for students conscious of their budget. It’s also right on the River Irwell, giving you beautiful water views, as well as being a short walk to Albert Park, a fun green space with a playground, outdoor gym equipment and a multi-use games area.
Salford student accommodation FAQs
Where do University of Salford students live?
Popular areas for Salford university student accommodation include the district centre, Peel Park, and Charlestown, with lots of great student accommodation options in each location.
How much does student accommodation cost in Salford?
Depending on the type of accommodation, amenities, and location, student accommodation in Salford costs between £107.00 per week and £177.00 per week.
Are bills included in my accommodation cost?
Many of our Salford student accommodation options include bills within the rental price, which can be found in the property overview for each of our listings. However, not all accommodation providers offer bills included, so it’s always best to check before making any final arrangements.
When is the best time to look for student accommodation in Salford?
The best time to start looking for student accommodation in Salford is around September and October. However, there are lots of great accommodation options available all year round. Check out our guide to applying for student accommodation for more information.
How much do I have to pay for my accommodation deposit?
The deposit cost will vary based on the property you choose, whereas some property providers may not charge a deposit at all. However, it’s always best to check with the property’s landlord, which you can easily do on each of our accommodation listings.
How can I get my deposit back at the end of my tenancy?
Your landlord is legally required to protect your deposit in a tenancy deposit scheme. However, to make sure you get your full deposit back for your Salford student accommodation, you must properly look after your property. For more information and advice, check out our guide to getting your student accommodation deposit back.
What is the best way to find student accommodation in Salford?
Mystudenthalls.com has a range of Salford student accommodation options available, including private and shared flats, studios and ensuites designed to meet any budget or need, often with bills included. Please request more details if you need more information about any of our listings.